Tuesday, July 21, 5:00-7:00PM EDT
Artist Sarah Yeoman will demonstrate how to create a gorgeous still life featuring bouquets of sweet peas and freesia!
A few notes to help you prepare for class!
Participants should have the drawing done in advance of the class. (No detail necessary.) Sarah will demo a value study to start. You can paint along or just watch. We will then paint the color version together. Please remember that Sarah has to paint at a certain speed so if you can't keep up just paint along with the recording afterwards. The recording will only be available for 2 weeks after the workshop.
- Arches 140lb cold press watercolor paper (12x16 - please use good paper if you can, it makes a big difference!)
- Large and small round brushes
- Paint (you don't need to use the same colors that Sarah does, but she uses: cad yellow, cad red, alizarin crimson, burnt sienna, lavender, cerulean blue, cobalt blue, ultramarine blue, ultramarine violet, sap green, perylene green, neutral tint or paynes gray)
- Firm board for taping paper to
- Masking tape
- Masking fluid
- Small plastic container for water
- Paper towels
- Hair dryer
- Water spray bottle
- Reference images printed and sketched on your paper
Click here to download and/or print reference images to begin your prep work for class!
Where Can I Buy Supplies?
The Bookstore Plus in Lake Placid is offering curbside pickup and limited delivery services! Call 518.523.2950 to order any materials you may need and pay by phone.