Trouble logging in to this morning's class at 10:30? Please email email@example.com!
Join instructor Amanda Hinge for a fun-filled virtual art class!
Wednesday, August 5 from 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM EDT
This class is for young artists ages 7 - 12 and their parent/guardian who are looking to find creative ways to use paint and other supplies around the house to create art! Find out the effects salt, saran wrap and rubbing alcohol have on your painting or how to print, splatter and apply paint. Our goal is to paint freely and have fun with the rediscovery of everyday objects!
We will start by testing out each of these techniques on test paper learning from masters of these styles like Jackson Pollock, Kazuo Shiraga and David Alfaro Siqueiros. Then we will create our own piece of work utilizing our favorite techniques. Techniques include applying paint with a sponge, plastic wrap, aluminum foil, or a straw, manipulating paint with rubbing alcohol or salt, and lastly, printing and stenciling with paper and natural objects such as lemon wedges and leaves!
- One large paper (18x24) divided into 8 squares at least 5"x6" or 8 smaller pieces of paper
- One large paper
- Acrylic or another water-based paint in an assortment of your favorite colors
- Palette or other surface for your paints
- Brushes - large, medium and small sizes
- Container for water
- Paper towels or rags
- Rubbing alcohol*
- Table salt*
- An old sponge for painting*
- Plastic wrap*
- Aluminum foil*
- String or floss*
- Leaves, flowers, or other natural objects for printing*
- Fruit pieces for printing (e.g. a lemon cut in half)*
*These are items Amanda will demonstrate with in class - feel free to use any other objects you think will work or that you'd like to experiment with if you don't have any of these readily available!
Click here to download and/or print reference images to begin your prep work for class!
To prepare for class:
- Collect your materials (see supplies list above)
- If you choose to use one large piece of paper, divide it into 8 sections that are at least 5"x6." You can tape the perimeter of the squares to keep things neat if you like.
Where Can I Buy Supplies?
The Bookstore Plus in Lake Placid is offering curbside pickup and limited delivery services! Call 518.523.2950 to order any materials you may need and pay by phone.