Get your fill of gorgeous spring blossoms with another fun Sarah Yeoman class! Sarah will demonstrate how to recreate a painting of peonies from reference images.
Instructions for Pre-Class Prep
Please refer to the picture and sketches (see Reference Images below!), then sketch yours before the class. Please apply the masking fluid no more than 2-3 days before the class. Leaving masking on too long can make it difficult to remove. Apply liberally with a soft round synthetic brush. Rinse your brush frequently or put a little soap on the brush to keep the masking from sticking to the brush. Trying to save the lightest shapes. Yours does not have to look exactly like Sarah’s!
- Watercolor paper, preferably cold pressed (9x12 or 11x14)
- Firm board for taping paper to
- Masking tape
- 1 round watercolor brush #10 or #12
- 1 small round #2 or #4
- Masking fluid
- Small plastic container for water
- Paper towels
- Hair dryer
- Paint (you don't have to have all of these colors!): viridian, cobalt blue, permanent rose, lemon or cadmium yellow, yellow ochre, cerulean blue, paynes gray, perylene green or sap green, brown madder, ultramarine blue
- Water spray bottle
Click here to download and/or print reference images to begin your prep work for class!
Where Can I Buy Supplies?
The Bookstore Plus in Lake Placid is offering curbside pickup and limited delivery services! Call 518.523.2950 to order any materials you may need and pay by phone.
In addition to free virtual art classes on Tuesday nights, we are sharing this series of paid classes as a part of our ongoing commitment to support the work of extraordinary artists from the Adirondack region and beyond.