Tuesday, July 7th, 2022 at 5:00 PM EST
In this session, we will take the 1 brush challenge! We will work with only one size/shape brush this week (you can use multiple brushes, as long as they are the same size/shape)! Choose the largest flat brush you are comfortable with, larger than ½ inch wide. We will practice ways to get varied marks using this one shape of brush. Kari will demonstrate the compositional sketch, initial block in, and painting finish using oil color; paint along or sit back and enjoy the ride!
- Rigid panel with white
- Smooth surface we will be toning during class, choose a size your comfortable with Oil Colors
- White cool yellow (Cadmium Yellow Light or Cadmium Lemon)
- Warm yellow (Cadmium Yellow Medium)
- Cool red (Quinacridone Red)
- Warm red (Cadmium Red Medium or Naphthol Red)
- Ultramarine Blue
- Mineral spirits
- Paper towels.
- Brushes: Flat brush, larger than ½"
- Wide paper (or sketchbook)
- Reference photo printed out.