Get a leg up in your Oscars Pool with the LPCA's OSCARS 4-PACK
Purchase tickets to 4 films during our Oscars Catch Up Week for the price of 3!
For the 12th consecutive year, Shorts HD and Magnolia Pictures present the Oscar-Nominated Short Films. With all three categories offered – Animated, Live Action and Documentary – this is your annual chance to predict the winners (and have the edge in your Oscar pool)! A perennial hit with audiences around the country (and now the world), don't miss this year's selection of shorts. The Academy Awards take place Sunday, Feb. 26th.
Live Action Nominees
- Ennemis Interieurs – dir. Selim Aazzazi, France, 28 minutes. In the 1990s, as the Algerian civil war rages and terrorists infiltrate France, a French police officer of Algerian descent conducts a rancorous interview with a French-born Algerian man seeking naturalization.
- Silent Nights – dir. Aske Bang, Denmark, 30 minutes. Young Danish woman Inger volunteers at a homeless shelter in Copenhagen, where she meets and falls in love with Kwame, an undocumented immigrant from Ghana. The couple builds a life together, but a devastating secret from Kwame's past may undermine their happiness.
- Sing – dir. Kristof Deak, Hungary, 25 minutes. Young Zsofi is having a hard time fitting in at her new school, and her distress grows when the choir director treats her cruelly despite her love of singing. Along with her friend Liza, Zsofi investigates the revered teacher in an attempt to reveal her true nature.
- Timecode – dir. Juanjo Gimenez Pena, Spain, 15 minutes. Parking lot security guard Luna is bored with her uneventful daily routine but a call about a customer complaint leads her to discover how the night guard, Diego, alleviates his boredom. Soon the pair develops a relationship by communicating through the garage's CCTV footage.
- La Femme et la TGV – dir. Timo von Gunten, Switzerland, 30 minutes. Elise has been waving at the express train as it passes by her home every day for three decades. A letter from the train's conductor begins a correspondence between the two, and when the train is detoured to another route, Elise goes in search of her man.