Join the LPCA as we celebrate the talents of our regional artists.
The LPCA is proud to showcase the art of the region and beyond in the Annual Open Juried Art Exhibition. This LPCA tradition will feature a variety of paintings, drawings, sculpture, assemblage and photographs. Artists are welcome to submit work in any style, genre, or subject matter – we're looking to highlight the best that an artist has to offer and celebrate the talent that lies in and around New York's North Country and beyond.
This show will be available for viewing both in-person during our gallery hours and online. The online component will go live in November.
- 1(Un)balanced - Anne Heinz
- A Quiet Moment in the Shadows - Vera Doumanoff
- Abstract Nature - Nip Rogers
- Across the River - Susan Beadle
- Always A'Peeling - Lynda Naske
- Amorphous - Gabriel Dickens
- Amy John's Cows - Kay Bradford
- Angel - Ed Rice
- Autumn: Act 1, Scene 1 - Susan Whiteman
- Bearing Gifts - Janet Millstein
- Canton Bazaar - Cindi Handy
- Cascading into Fall - Vera Doumanoff
- Circumspect - Amelia Busha
- Climate Change Displacement: Her Story Documents the Data - Susan Hoffer
- Coastal Forms I - William Crosby
- Dancing Feet - Sharon Carey
- Daydreamer - Amelia Busha
- District 84, 1886 - Barry Lobdell
- Driftwood Zen - Lynda Naske
- Early Morning Sentinel, Ps[reu om Balsam Tree - Ed Donnelly
- East London - Tabetha Patnode
- Excelsior - Ingrid Van Slyke
- Fall Colors - Douglas Wooster
- Fall's Mirror Image - Mary Jean Bland
- First Snow - James Van Hoven
- Fish Creek - James Van Hoven
- Frozen in Time - Vera Doumanoff
- Fruitful Darkness - Kailey Maher
- Get Away - Kay Bradford
- In-Flux - Kailey Maher
- Inquisitive Bear - Lorrie Mandigo
- Interlude - Steven Cobb
- Irises - Mary Woodcock Johnson
- Job: 38:32 - Bosco McKinney
- Just a Touch - Kay Bradford
- Ken at Play - Lynda Naske
- Lace #7 - John & Dar-lene Cullen
- Leaving Summer Behind - Kenneth Brodeur
- Memorial Urn - Peter Shrope
- Not Alone - Summer Dorr
- Old Door and Window - Barry Lobdell
- Past and Present - James Van Hoven
- Paying Respects - Janet Millstein
- Pizza To Go - Kay Bradford
- Pondering - Emily Latour
- Portrait of a Mother - Summer Dorr
- Quieting the Soul - Mary Jean Bland
- Resting Elephant - Emily Latour
- River - Linda Sweeney
- Route 86 - Michael Rossi
- Sand Sea Boardwalk and Me - Nancy Thun
- Saving the Planet's biodiversity 'one turtle ar a time', Schroon Lake, NY - Susan Hoffer
- Scoured Pothole at the Bottom of the Falls: Canajoharie Creek - Deborah Geurtze
- Self-Portrait - Brian Keach
- Six Pointed PurpleVase on Leaf - Marie Cogar
- Sound Currents - Annoel Krider
- Summer in Tropics: Flamboyant, Mango, Breadfruit & Palm Trees - Sylva Gaspar
- Sunset Over Willsboro - Elsa Koop-Angelicola
- Sure is Cold Out Here - Edwin Williams
- Sweeper - Steven Cobb
- Temple of Melodies - Annoel Krider
- The Beaver - Ashley Whittier
- The Pilgrimage - Noah Bonesteel
- The Shakers - Ed Rice
- Through the Hedgerow - Janet Marie Yeates
- Two Crosses - Barry Lobdell
- Ulcerative Geodes - Patricia Downs
- Untitled #GTW09 - Charles Stewart
- Views from the Water - Burlington Harbor Lighthouse - Shawn Sexton
- Wading - Anna Kittle
- Wakening - Susan Beadle
- When We Skated - Mary Woodcock Johnson
- Whiteface Peak - Nancy Brossard
- Wildflower Leaves - Mary Michelfelder
- Willows in the Fall - Kenneth Brodeur
- Yellow/Blue - Parmelee Tolkan
Sunday, October 3 - Saturday, October 9, 2021 - Online registration is open.
Sunday, October 10, 2021 - Jurying occurs.
Wednesday, October 13, 2021 - Accepted work will be posted to the Lake Placid Center for the Arts' website.
Wednesday, October 20 - Saturday, October 23, 2021 - Drop-off of artwork.
Thursday, October 28, 2021 - Opening Reception from 5-7pm.
Saturday, November 27, 2021 - Exhibition concludes.
Wednesday, December 1 - Friday, December 3, 2021 - Art pick-up. Unclaimed works remaining past the pick-up dates are subject to a $1 per piece, per day storage fee.
Prospectus & Digital Entry Form
About the Jurors
Erik Wilson is a potter, painter and teacher who specializes in crystalline glazed ceramics. His current "experiments" in ceramics utilize unique glaze chemistry, combined with thrown, hand built and 3D printed components.
While Erik currently focuses on ceramics, he received his BFA from The School of Visual Arts in 1993 in painting and his MST in Elementary Education in 1997. He has taught high school art at Peru Central School for the past 25 years.
Erik looks forward to his on-going glaze research unearthing new glazes to enhance and complement his ever-changing forms. You can see his work at Gallery 46 in Lake Placid!
Heather Caufield grew up in Old Forge, NY and attended college at SUNY Plattsburgh where she studied Art History and Museum Studies. During college she completed an internship at the War of 1812 Museum. After college she moved back to Old Forge and began working at View Center for Arts & Culture. Heather has worked at View for the past eight years and is currently the Visual Arts Manager. Heather is also a potter and in her free time enjoys creating in the studio.