Gallery/Box Office Associate
Basic Job Function:
Through in-person and phone interactions the Gallery and Box Office Associate will act as a customer service representative for the Lake Placid Center for the Arts (LPCA) at the main campus located at 17 Algonquin Avenue in Lake Placid, New York.
A collaborative spirit, excellent communication skills, positive attitude, self-motivation, and love of performance and visual art are essential. The successful candidate will be a proactive, detail-oriented thinker looking to contribute to a fast-paced, not-for-profit organization that provides the highest level of artistic excellence in the region.
This is a year-round part-time position that could be full-time for the right candidate. Hourly wage and commissions are subject to experience.
Essential Job Functions and Duties:
• Facilitate top-quality and high-impact customer service by answering customer inquiries and ensuring smooth ticketing transactions and art sales in-person and over the phone.
• Keep front desk and galleries organized and clean.
• Assist with gallery installations.
• Process a variety of ticketing requests, for single performances & subscription sales.
• Assist with various administrative and other duties as directed by Box Office and Gallery Managers.
• Act as Front of House staff for performances.
• Consistently serve as a friendly, respectful, and proactive representative of the LPCA.
• Superior customer service instincts
• A basic understanding and familiarity with computers
• Ability to troubleshoot technological tools
• Previous sales experience preferred
• Applicants must regularly be available for weekends and evening shifts, depending on performance and gallery schedules. Weekly hours are flexible and will vary.
• Previous gallery and or theatre experience is a plus
To apply: e-mail resume, cover letter, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org with Box Office Associate in the subject line. Please include hourly salary requirements in the cover letter. No mail, faxes or phone calls.