Box Office / Gallery Associate
Basic Job Function:
Through in-person and phone interactions, act as a customer service representative for the LPCA at both our Main Campus and Main Street locations
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitate top-quality and high-impact customer service by answering customer inquiries and ensuring smooth ticketing transactions and art sales.
• Process a variety of ticketing requests, for single performances & subscription sales.
• Supervise our volunteer ushers at performance time.
• Assist with various administrative and other duties as directed by Box Office and Gallery Managers.
• Consistently serve as a friendly, respectful, and proactive representative of the LPCA.
This part-time position will begin in May. Applicants must regularly be available for weekends and evening shifts, depending on performance schedules. Weekly hours will vary.
• Superior customer service instincts, amiable personality, and unflappable disposition.
• Proven ability to troubleshoot with technological tools.
• Aptitude for CRM software; experience is a plus.
• Previous sales experience preferred.
• Competence with MS Office applications, including Word and Excel
Skills and Key Characteristics:
A collaborative spirit, excellent communication skills, positive attitude, self-motivation, and love of performance and art are essential. The successful candidate will be a proactive, detail-oriented thinker looking to contribute to a fast-paced, not-for-profit environment. They are passionate about the visual and performing arts, and want to support a variety of organizations who execute terrific work at a high level.
To apply, e-mail resume, cover letter, and 3 references to email@example.com with Box Office Associate in the subject line. No mail, faxes or phone calls.
Full-Time Marketing Associate
The Lake Placid Center for the Arts is seeking a qualified Marketing Associate. This full-time position will work closely with staff in all facets of the daily process of managing marketing and customer service operations at LPCA.
- Performing Box Office duties such as processing ticket sales in person and via phone, providing gallery and show information and being an advocate for LPCA
- Writing and editing copy for promotional materials as needed
- Assist in the creation of graphics for promotional materials and signage as needed
- Working with staff on the management of LPCA’s website
- Previous customer service history
- Computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and a CRM system
- Warm, friendly demeanor and ability to stay composed under pressure
- Commitment to co-creating a hospitable and positive visitor experience for and with artists and patrons
- Independent worker who is also able to closely collaborate with small team
- Availability to work regular evenings and weekends
To apply: e-mail cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing Associate” in the subject line. No mail, faxes or phone calls.
Full-Time Box Office / Program Associate
The Lake Placid Center for the Arts is seeking a qualified Box Office / Program Associate. This full-time position will split their time between the LPCA's Box Office and Administrative Offices.
Primary Box Office duties will include assisting patrons and donors in obtaining information on LPCA's on-going activities and processing ticket orders by phone or in person. Administrative Office duties will include assisting the Marketing or Development Departments with their on-going projects.
● Previous customer service history
● Warm, friendly demeanor and ability to stay composed under pressure
● Commitment to co-creating a hospitable and positive visitor experience for and with artists and patrons
● Independent worker who is also able to closely collaborate with small team
● Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office and cloud-based programs
● Availability to work regular evenings and weekends
To apply: e-mail cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with "Box Office/Program Associate" in the subject line. No mail, faxes or phone calls.