- Students should always wear the proper attire for their classes including shoes.
- Hair should always be pulled back preferably in a bun.
- No long jewelry should be worn in class.
- Parents are not allowed in the studios during classes.
- It is important that all students label their dance attire.
- There will be a $25 fee for all returned checks.
- Children must be 3 and toilet-trained by September 1 to participate
- Make-up classes available by pre-approval only
Class Cancellations & Make-up Classes
If class is cancelled due to weather, notification will be sent by 2 PM through Facebook and email. Those without internet access can call 518.523.2512 and select 2 for information.
Students are expected to attend all scheduled classes. If an absence is necessary, please notify someone in the Administrative Office so they can let the instructors know. Students then have the remainder of the session to make up any absence. A make-up class schedule will be posted outside each of the studios.
No make-ups shall be allowed for the four weeks prior to exams and recitals.
Scholarships / Financial Assistance
Limited scholarships and financial assistance are available. Students may submit a letter to the School of Ballet & Dance staff expressing their desires to study dance and evidence of financial need.
Pay for one session up front and receive:
- Free LPSBD T-shirt
Pay for the whole year up front and receive:
- Free LPSBD Sweatshirt
All Ballet Programs (except Teen Ballet & Adults) will be purchased through LPCA.
Ballet: Dancers are required to purchase their own tights and shoes.
Other: Dancers are required to purchase their own attire and shoes.
Uniforms are available through Discount Dance Online.
No jazz sneakers
To order uniforms:
1. Go to www.DiscountDance.com
2. Select Dance Teacher Program
3. Enter Terpsie Toon
4. Click on Dress Selection
5. Complete your order!