This 4-part series led by Nancy Armitage will cover all you need to know to get started on the ceramics wheel! Confidently learn the skills to make your own mugs, bowls, and more. Classes will be held Dec 2, 3, 9, and 10 from 6:00-8:00. $160 for all, includes $30 worth of clay AND a free follow-up session of Open Studio.
- The first class is about general studio safety, wedging and centering on the wheel and going through the process
- Second class is all about throwing
- Third class is trimming, adding handles or carving the pieces made in classes 1 and 2
- Fourth class is glazing
Location: Ceramics Studio
About the Instructor: Nancy Armitage
Nancy Armitage grew up in Westport, New York surrounded by forests, ponds and farm life. Nancy has always been attracted to nature and you could find her sitting in the family gardens drawing and painting in her youth. In 2011 she attended SUNY Plattsburgh to pursue her arts education. Everything changed after taking the introductory course in Ceramics. Being able to express colors, textures and ideas seemed so natural in this medium and quickly it became her passion.
In 2014 Nancy was exposed to The Strand Center for the Arts and its community Clay Studio. She began as a teaching assistant and over the year became a teacher for adult and youth clay classes. In 2015 Nancy graduated with her BFA in Ceramics and Printmaking from SUNY Plattsburgh. Over the years, Nancy has been a part of community events and projects including the Mandala and Into the Garden outdoor clay murals in downtown Plattsburgh. Nancy is now the Clay Studio Manager at The Strand Center for the Arts and loves to teach people about clay and to experience everyone's artistic journeys at the studio.
Workshop Refund Policy
- Contact us at least 6 days before the course date, and we will refund the cost of the workshop minus a 15% enrollment fee.
- Contact us 5 days or less before the course date (within the week of the course), and we will offer class credit for a future workshop.
Call us at 518.523.2512 or email email@example.com to request a refund.