Thursday, May 19 from 5:30pm to 7:30pm EST
Oils, Advanced Beginner and Up, Online Class
About the Class
Join Cynthia Rosen in a tonal exploration of a romantic French coastline!
For this painting we will use a tonal palette, keeping in mind that tonal brings out the best of romance. This photo is part of a view of the coast of France looking across a rocky sandy beach when the tide was out. There is a warm slightly hazy suncast of colors ranging from deep darks to a mid value cool light blue and of course the warmth of the sky and reflections. The class will discuss the placement of the sun and issues related to balance as well.
- Paints: The palette for this would be or the equivalents of prussian blue, alizarin, cad (or equivalent) red, lemon or light yellow, and cad yellow, orange, white. Of course, if you carry brown umber, feel free to add that in.
- Surface size: Your choice!
- Brushes: I prefer synthetics and I would suggest brush sizes 10 or 12, 7 or 8 (partly brand dependent) and a 2 or 3.
- Palette Knife (optional): RGM 50 or 46.
- Reference Photo Printed Out (click here for photo)
Questions? Contact email@example.com