Friday, July 1, 2022 from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Watercolors, All levels, Ages 10+ and up (children under 16 must attend with an adult)
About the Class
Have you been wanting to try working with watercolors but don’t know where to start? How about bringing the whole family to give it a try? Let Valerie Patterson show you how much fun it can be.
This beginner workshop introduces you to the basics, including:
- Palette organization
- Setting up your work space
- Materials (papers, paints, brushes, and more)
- Different types of brush strokes
- Color mixing and color theory application
- Basic composition and the Elements and Principles of Art
- Painting subjects
- Unique ideas to enhance artistic expression
Through discussion, demonstration, hands on exercises, and a series of take-home skill building lessons Valerie will have you well on your way to becoming a watercolorist.
Bring to class: Participants need to bring several interesting photographs with them to work from: 1 landscape, 1 portrait, and 1 with a subject of your choice. Watercolor materials - paints, brushes, etc. will be on hand for students to use and share.
If you wish to bring your own materials you are welcome to! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for recommended paints, etc.