Ages Open to all including students
Experience Level Advanced beginners and up
In this class session we will do several painting exercises exploring one of Kari’s favorite subjects – working boats! Think lobster boats in Massachusetts to shrimp boats in Louisiana … we will paint studies of some examples from her travels! Kari will provide reference images on screen to paint from.
Choose paint colors, surface, and brushes you’re comfortable with. We want to get “in the zone” while creating these studies, and a big part of that is not needing to think about your materials.
• Several small painting surfaces (or a larger board or oil paper taped off in smaller sections)
Use what you’re comfortable with, Kari will have this palette:
- Cadmium Yellow Lemon (cool yellow)
- Cadmium Yellow Medium (warm yellow)
- Pyrrole Orange
- Naphthol Red (warm red)
- Quinacridone Red (cool red)
- Indanthrene Blue
- Ultramarine Blue
• Mineral spirits
• Paper towels
• Brushes: Use your favorites. Kari will have an array of synthetic long and short flats.