The Lake Placid Center for the Arts (LPCA) is a year-round performing and visual arts facility. Located in the Adirondack Park of Northern New York, the LPCA consistently presents arts of the highest caliber in music, dance and theatre performances, film exhibitions, and visual arts presentations. In addition, the Arts Center provides arts-in-education programs and workshops for all ages and resources to help individual artists and arts organizations create a lasting impact on the field and in our communities.
The Lake Placid Center for the Arts (LPCA) seeks an experienced and enthusiastic Sales Associate to staff our two galleries, four days per week (2 days in Gallery @ LPCA and 2 days in Gallery 46).
The LPCA is a community-based art center serving artists and audiences through four programmatic pillars: Presenting, Arts Education, Visual Arts and Services to Artists & Organizations. Based in New York’s Adirondack Park, the LPCA enjoys a loyal, broad base of support from residents and visitors alike, and serves over 20,000 visitors to the center’s galleries each year.
· Process cash and credit card sales through the galleries’ point of sale systems.
· Complete daily sales reports.
· Become a knowledgeable source of information for customers on the art displayed, the artists and their creative processes.
· Collaborate with curatorial and programmatic staff to provide a continuous feedback loop about sales, customer interactions, visitor trends, etc.
· Act as a superb representative for the organization, helping to promote not only art and ticket sales, but also the LPCA’s overall mission and programming.
· Must be available to work weekends and occasional evening shifts.
· Must have an interest in the visual and performing arts.
· Must be comfortable and competent working with a computer.
· Must possess excellent customer service skills.
LPCA is committed to being a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Hourly wage range is $18-22 based on experience. Please send your resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Sales Associate.”